Benefits of Using a PEO: Professional employer organizations (PEOs) enable you to cost-effectively outsource the management of HR, employee benefits, payroll and workers’ compensation. PEOs get to focus on their core competencies to maintain and grow their bottom line, freeing up your business to do the same.
A PEO provides all-in-one services to more effectively manage human resource responsibilities and employer risks. A PEO delivers these services by establishing and maintaining a relationship with the employees at their place of work and by contractually assuming certain employer rights, responsibilities, and risk.
- Relief from the burden of employment administration
- A wide range of personnel management solutions through a team of professionals
- Improved employment practices, compliance and risk management to reduce liabilities
- Access to a comprehensive employee benefits package, allowing clients to be competitive in the labor market
- Assistance to improve productivity and profitability
- Help for client companies managing the growing burden of employment law and regulation
Frequently Asked Questions about PEOs
What are some benefits of using a PEO?
- It allows you to focus on the more important day-to-day tasks.
- It gives you added legal protection, typically civil defense and employment liability insurance.
- PEOs offer your employees much more robust benefits packages.
- Reduction in paperwork when working in multiple states
- All documentation is filled-in and filed online
I like being in control of my business. How much control will I lose with a PEO?
It depends on your needs. If you don’t want to outsource certain aspects of your business, you don’t have to! PEOs work for you, not against you.
Will I have to change healthcare providers?
Because of the ACA (also known as Obamacare), many businesses have had their healthcare plans changed. PEOs know every possible exception and rule in the ACA, so let them do the heavy lifting during this transition.
What happens to me if my PEO goes out of business?
Each of our PEO partners are evaluated and hand-picked. We don’t work with PEOs that are new or unproven, greatly reducing your personal risk.
I’ve heard that PEOs can be impersonal and slow to respond to my company’s needs. Is this true?
Our customers have actually reported that response times were much faster than they were before. This is because we have personal relationships with each of our PEO partners who pride themselves on fast response times.